Saturday, March 14, 2009

Starting with Pastels

I have been working in Pastels over the last two years. I have worked in both Oil and Soft Pastels. Here are a few pictures.





These pictures are off of Gulf Breeze.


These are some of my first Plein Air works.







Liza and I went on two cruises this year. I wanted to paint, but I did not want to carry all my oils, so I brought my oil and soft pastels. To me the process is more important than the product. I enjoy the journey more than just getting to the destination. I am glad that I took the time to paint. Now I have these pictures to remind me of the wonderful time we had.




Our first cruise was with Royal Caribbean. This is Pool Area of the Mariner of the Seas.




Here is a view off of Megan's Bay in St. Thomas. The blue in the water is really that blue!





I enjoyed to seating on the deck and just painting the clouds.



Our next cruise was a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas.
This the lighthouse in Nassau Harbor.



Here is another view from the deck, looking out to sea from Nassau.



Disney has their own Island, Castaway Cay. This is a view looking out to the end of the island.




Here is a view from the Adult only Beach. I never finished this,
I think I got hungry and got up. It was a beautiful day...

No comments: